Saturday, June 9, 2012

Anglican Covenant Resolutions Compared

Lionel Deimel offers a comparison of the seven General Convention resolutions that treat of the proposed Anglican Covenant. (Mark Harris did a similar thing 2 months ago, when there were only three resolutions).

In other Covenant news, the Scottish Episcopal Church has just rejected the proposed Covenant.

I tend to favor the concept of a Covenant, but then I'm fairly clear that I'm Episcopalian because I'm first an Anglican. I believe that we do need some actual structures around our fellowship, because we're all heading in opposite directions too quickly for "we'll just have to agree to disagree" to keep up. I'm pretty sure the proposed Covenant is already dead in the water, which fills me neither with joy nor sadness. It's like the horses have already left the barn, and then one realizes that there isn't actually a fence around the pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment